Thursday, July 16, 2009

Birthday Bonaza

While Jim was stamping my birthday card last night, I worked on Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge #56. I suggested that Jim also try her color challenge, but when he saw how many colors there were, he decided to leave the challenges to me! I was a little overwhelmed by the number of colors (six!) too, but when I sat down to use them, it came together so naturally that I actually made TWO cards!

Card #1:
Supplies: Love Bug (Level 1 Hostess Set), Teeny Tiny Wishes, Jet Black Staz-On ink pad, So Saffron marker, Real Red marker & cardstock, Pumpkin Pie marker, Certainly Celery marker, Ballet Blue marker & cardstock, Scallop Edge Punch, Sherbet Designer Buttons, Tall Tales DSP, Mini Glue Dots

Card #2:
Supplies: Birthday Wish, Ruby Red Craft Ink, So Saffron cardstock, Ballet Blue cardstock, Clear Embossing Powder, Certainly Celery Patterns DSP, Flower Fusion (felt flowers), Button Bouquet, 1/4" Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon, Top Note die for the Big Shot

7 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

lovin' that love bug image:) darling coloring on him!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I adore your first card with the fun bug. WOWZIERS. Great job with this fun color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Andrea said...

Could that caterpillar card get any cuter? OHGosh, he is adorable. Both cards are very nice actually, but my favorite is the first one.

Unknown said...

What a fab idea with the caterpillar! I ♥ it!

Anonymous said...

Great cards and love the caterpillar.

Linda D.

erin1805 said...

Love the BUG! Too cute and love the colors.

claudia shadler said...

OMG! these cards are super adorable! I luv the cute caterpillar! hehe, what afun cards!

Clouds :D