Monday, January 12, 2009

Stamp Therapy

It's been a very long and hard day. My mother-in-law passed away late last night. She has been sick, but it was still unexpected to get that dreaded midnight phone call. I was barely home from Orlando for 8 hours. (I had a nice trip and the new catalog is fabulous, by the way!)
Today was difficult. The worst part was telling my two kids (5 and 3-1/2) that Grandma died. I'm not sure that they really understand yet what that means. Thomas asked if it was "forever?" and Claire offered a solution to help people who are sad feel better: "hugs & kisses". We will need plenty of those this week.
After I put the kids all to bed, I spent a couple quiet hours working on some stamp therapy and reflecting on "Grandma" Davison. I made this 8-1/2" x 8-1/2" scrapbook page spread for Elise's album.

Quote: "Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while... but our hearts forever"
Journaling: We were so happy that Grandma Davison could make it to the hospital to meet Elise. She was so proud of her new granddaughter -- and especially big brother Thomas and big sister Claire! These are the last pictures we took of Grandma and her grand kids. She held Elise again on Janury 4th. Elise's smile and dimple melted Grandma's heart."
Please say a prayer for my family this week...
Supplies: Petal Pizazz, Taffy Alphabet, Orchid Opulence ink & cardstock, Green Galore ink, Yo-Yo Yellow ink, Whisper White cardstock, Bold Brights Brads, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, (retired) DSP, Metal Edge Tags, Write Me a Memory Font CD (printed journaling directly on to cardstock)

6 comments:

Tara Kieninger said...

Oh what a sweet page and a beautiful reminder of that special visit. I'm so sorry for your loss. May the happy memories of the past help carry you through this difficult time.

Stacey Schafer said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Jim's mom. The pages you made are so special! What a blessing that Grandma Davison got to meet Elise before her passing. My thoughts are with you and your family during this time of sadness.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. The pages are beautiful. Our prayers are with you!

Anonymous said...

You and your family are in my prayers. Losing a loved one is so painful. May God comfort you all.

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

You and your family are in my heart and my prayers.

How wonderful that you have some special memories and pictures to chronicle a beloved lady in such a lovely way.

Hold each other close and celebrate a life well lived with love.

Hugs and blessings...

Anonymous said...

What precious pages you created. My kids are the same ages as yours...that must be rough to deal with your loss.

Blessings to you.