Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sketch Series #1

I find myself coming back to the same card layouts time and time again. It's easier to give an old card a makeover than to invent a new one from scratch.

My downline in Michigan got together for a shoebox swap two weeks ago while I was visiting my family for Christmas. I was in a crunch to design my card. I had come up with several other ideas, but didn't like any of them. So I resorted to a layout I used for this cute penguin card. By changing the colors and stamp set, it seems like a whole new card!

Here's a sketch of the layout for this 6" x 3" card:

And here's my shoebox swap:

Supplies: Sincere Salutations, Sweet Stem embosslit for the Big Shot, Raspberry Tart DSP, Kiwi Kiss textured CS, Rose Red ink & cardstock, Cameo Coral cardstock, Very Vanilla cardstock, Rhinestone Brads (Pretties Kit), 1-3/4" Circle Punch

The embosslit and DSP are brand new and will be released in the Spring-Summer catalog on January 19.

Here's another card with this sketch that you can make right now at home. And better yet, if you don't already own the Flight of the Butterfly stamp set, you can get it 20% off with a $20 purchase before January 18. Click here for details.

Supplies: Flight of the Butterfly, Junior Varsity DSP, Bashful Blue cardstock, So Saffron cardstock, Rose Red ink & cardstock, Versamark ink, White embossing powder, heat tool, 1-3/4" Circle Punch

This layout is by no means new. Check out this card from September, when I used a very similar layout on a 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" card!

3 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

you have such a knack for layouts...thanks for sharing this:)

Anonymous said...

yes, when you find a layout that works, go with it! Great card. vjcw

Anonymous said...

Really cute layout and very versitle! I like what you did with the Rasp paper!