Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Scallop Envelope Valentine Treat

I CASEd this project from my talented upline, Kim Peck. This was the make and take at our last group meeting. (Thanks to Margo for showing me how to make this since I couldn't attend the meeting.) I think the card is different from Kim's original, but the box is mostly the same.

The 3" x 2-3/4" card inside pulls out. A Ghirardelli chocolate also fits nicely in the box. (A small bag of M&M's would probably fit well too.)

I love the alternate use for these small scallop envelopes. The box is made of two envelopes glued together. Start by cutting two envelopes with the Stampin' Up! Exclusive Scallop Envelope die for the Big Shot. Cut the large end off so that it's about the same size as the side flaps.

Put Sticky Strip on all three flaps of one envelope. (Sticky Strip not shown in image below) Adhere the sides and bottoms of the envelopes together to form a box, like this:

One of the scalloped flaps stays up and the other folds down in the front. I covered this flap with my DSP belly band (1" x 8") and Hugs & Kisses scallop circle, but you could certainly put the belly band under it so that the scallop shows. Another tip: Adhere the belly band ends in the front so that the scallop circle covers up the seam!

I used the Love You Much Bundle for this project. Click here for details on how to get this Valentine bundle 20% off. Hurry: Sale ends Saturday! Click here for more ideas using the Love You Much Bundle.

Supplies: Love You Much, Riding Hood Red cardstock, Pink Pirouette cardstock, Very Vanilla cardstock, Basic Brown ink, Candy Lane DSP, Scallop Circle Punch, Heart to Heart Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimensionals

7 comments:

Dixie Finn said...

Julie, love the project. Where do you get the larger sized Ghiridelli chocolate?

Stacey Schafer said...

I love this little valentine treat...it's so fun & cute:) TFS!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you have created such a cute, cute box! I love it!
Jen in AZ

Stacey Schafer said...

something fun for you on my blog:)

Megan said...

This box is super cute! I will be making some of these. :)

Barb said...

Now I know what my 3d for my workshop Sat will be! Thanks! I think I case just about everything of yours!

Anonymous said...

What a great box!! It is totally cute - and a really good way to use the envelope die!

Cindy