Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Shadow Stamping

Tonight I'm stamping in Springfield, doing a second session of the All Occasions class I did here in Champaign last month. We're using all new stamp sets and new accessories on all of the cards. This card features two of the Never Seen Before promotion stamp sets: Heard from the Heart and Pocket Silhouettes -- which are on sale for 15% off until September 30.

To create the 3D/shadow affect in the framed leaves, I stamped them in Sahara Sand ink first. I cleaned my stamp and then stamped again over it using Always Artichoke ink. (I just kind of guessed, but you could use the Stamp-a-ma-jig for more exact placement.)

Supplies: Pocket Silhouettes stamp set, Heard from the Heart stamp set, Very Vanilla cardstock, Always Artichoke ink & cardstock, Sahara Sand ink, On Board Essentials Chipboard (scallop square frame), Artichoke grosgrain ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals.

[The finished card measures 3-1/2" x 5-1/2".]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie, you are one creative lady!!! I love your blog. Let me introduce myself, I'm Sharon, an adopted Sparkler. I know were you get some of your talent from. It's inherited.
Hugs, Sharon